Account Manager, London
|Account Manager||to 30,000, bonus, superb benefits||London||German|
Our client, who provides services to the global wine trade, has an exciting opportunity for a German speaker Account Manager They are looking for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual with a confident approach to selling and developing client relationships.
Reporting to the Sales Director, you will be an integral member of the team looking after clients across Europe, primarily in Germany, Austria, Scandinavia and Italy. It is therefore essential that you are fluent in German and ideally Italian too. This role will involve some European travel, typically around six trips a year, spending 3-4 days away at a time but the degree of travel can vary dependent on the needs of the client.
- Key accountability of identifying new sales leads and prospective clients within your area
- Pro-actively develop client portfolio, doubling the number of clients through effective relationship management
- Build and develop a detailed understanding of client needs and strategic drivers
- Drive sales performance by promoting services to both existing and prospective clients
- Responsible for delivering a gross profit budget across all services (Exchange, Data and Settlement)
- Execute against the sales plan in order to achieve agreed targets
- Deliver and maintain exceptional customer experience with all clients, effectively responding to any queries
- Engage customers with their trading platform to drive activity and ensure they have all the information relevant to their needs.
- Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential
- Fluent in English and German, both spoken and written language
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong selling skills and commercial acumen
- Results-driven with good numerical skills
- Confident, enthusiastic individual with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Flexible and adaptable team player with the ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Clean driving license and confident driving abroad
- Good IT skills and competent user of Microsoft Excel and Outlook Desirable but not mandatory
- 1-2 years’ experience as an Account Manager or equivalent
- A keen interest and understanding of the fine wine market
SALARY: 27-30,000, plus a competitive profit share bonus scheme. The amount will dependent on company performance but in the last 5 years has been consistent and you can expect it to equate to around 10-12% of your salary. They also offer a number of benefits including a pension scheme and Medicash healthcare insurance allowing employees to claim cash back on routine treatments such as dentist appointments, eye tests, prescriptions and health screening. Employee wellbeing app via Lifeworks offering benefits such as gym membership discount, retail discounts, childcare vouchers and an employee assistance programme.
Annual leave entitlement is 23 days in a complete holiday year which runs from the employee’s start date. Upon completion of 1 years’ service, employees are entitled to an additional day’s annual leave per year to a maximum of 5 additional days after 5 years’ service. Normal working hours are from 9.00am to 6.00pm but flexible working and of course this includes a 1 hour lunch break.