Assistant Translation/Project Manager, Leeds
|Assistant Translation/Project Manager||£22-25,000, excellent benefits||Leeds||Any Language|
Highly successful digital media organisation is seeking a linguist to fill the role of Assistant Translation/Project Manager. Any language will be considered, with German being of particular interest.
The company provides services in 68+ languages and its clients include major global organisations.
You will work within a close-knit team and the company seeks to operate a friendly and rewarding environment for staff. Responsibilities of the role is to provide full support to Translation Managers in all aspects of translation services to clients. . This will include::
• Translation project management including direct client contact • Assistance in management of project budgets • Coordinating the team of freelance and in-house translators and editors
• Editing and QA checks of content in English and other languages
• Working directly within client software/CAT tools The successful candidate will ideally be: • English native speaker with an excellent knowledge of at least 1 other language OR another language speaker with excellent English skills • Experienced in translation/editing/proofreading
• Have all necessary work permits (where required) to work within the UK Skills • Translation experience • Excellent organizational skills • Excellent communication skills both orally and written • Knowledge of translation software (not essential as training will be given)
• Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure
• Time management skills with the ability to work to deadlines Personal Attributes The successful applicant must be linguistically astute with the confidence to assist in managing a team of writers and editors to meet the demands of a growing client base. You will have excellent communication skills which will be required to liaise with the internal team and in the recruitment of new translators to build the team. The successful applicant must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
• Proactive and positive attitude to work
• Flexible in your approach to work
• Sound work ethics Potential Career Path: Translation Manager, senior and specialized.
Salary £22k - £25k depending on experience Benefits 29 days holiday per annum inclusive of Bank Holidays Pension after qualifying period.